How Can I Choose a Bird That Will Talk?
Hello, how are you today? Welcome to our blog About Pets. We hope you are very well and looking forward to a new post about Pets.
Today we want to share with you a special post:
What type of bird is the best talker?
Have you made the decision to become a bird owner? If so, you are probably like most people in that you want to make sure you have a bird that can talk.
How can you be sure that you are buying a bird that will speak to you?
The truth is, the only way to be 100 percent sure you're getting a talking bird is to buy a talking bird.
Choose a talking bird
Getting a bird just because you want one that talks is probably a mistake. Birds can be charming and loyal companions, whether they ever speak or not.
There is much more to these birds beyond their ability to speak.
However, many bird owners prefer to teach their birds themselves, and even more like to catch their birds as babies, ruling out the possibility of hearing them talk before purchasing.
But be careful what you wish for. Talking birds speak when they want to, not just when you ask them to speak. And a bird that doesn't speak can be the most wonderful companion you've ever had.
Parrots are fun and interesting birds, whether they talk or not. So it really shouldn't be a parameter when looking for a feathered companion. Some birds will be with you for years before uttering a single word.
If you fall into one of those categories, your best bet is to research several different species of birds that have the ability to talk, as well as take the time to brush up on training techniques that will help you bond with your new pet and facilitate the optimization of the possibilities of which it speaks.
Positive reinforcement training is highly recommended. This has been the accepted and preferred method of training anything, be it animals or humans.
Species that speak
When it comes to talking birds, there are a few keystone species that are noted for their exceptional speaking abilities. Include the following types of birds in your research if you want the best chance of obtaining a small feathered chatterbox.
- African Grays: These are perhaps the most famous talking parrots, known for their extensive vocabulary and cognitive abilities. Not only are they beautiful, but they are also incredibly smart.
- Quaker Parrots: These medium-sized animated parrots can be small and impressive talkers and tend to learn ambient sounds as well as short words and phrases.
- Indian Ringneck Parakeets: Ringnecks are a wonderful option for people who want a talking bird. Their beautiful colors and medium size make them attractive pets, in addition to their crystal-clear speaking abilities.
- Budgies: Although they may require a bit more effort at the end of the training, many budgies become surprisingly competent talkers.
- Cockatoos: These cute little Australian cockatoos are known for their whistles and excellent imitations of ambient sounds, but with love and attention they can build up some pretty impressive vocabularies.
- Amazons: Several species of Amazons are reputed to have the excellent speaking ability and make wonderful pets for those who engage with them.
While it is true that some species have more ability to speak than others, it is important to note that buying a bird of a particular species is by no means a guarantee that it will ever speak, and that a lot of training, socializing, and positive interaction is the only way to get even the smartest bird to talk.
Regardless of the species you choose, make sure it is a bird compatible with your lifestyle. If you do your homework and choose the right type of bird for you, you will surely fall head over heels in love with your new friend, regardless of whether he or she learns to speak or not.
Take it from other parrot parents - Sweet hugs and kisses from your favorite feathered friend are worth over a million words any day.
Enjoy The Video Tutorial about How To Choose The Right Parrot For You!
Source: MARLENE MC'COHEN
Did you find this post Useful or Inspiring? Save THIS PIN to your PETS Board on Pinterest! 😊
Ok, That is all for now…
If you enjoyed this article please, Share and Like our Facebook Page. Thanks.
See you in the next post, Have a Wonderful Day!
Don't forget to Follow us on Pinterest and be part of this great community of Pets Lovers!